Friday, July 31, 2009

G is for Grandmother


I have been thinking lately about the wonderful people who have made an impact on my life and there have been so many! One is my Grandmother Cleo who is no longer here but she continues to make that lasting impact while she is in Heaven watching over me! A Grandmother's job is so special. Love, smiles, visits, and hugs are all part of her job description. Ever since I was a little girl we would make drives down to Payson, Utah where Grandma Cleo lived. We would often times sit and visit with her and she would always comment how cute we looked. I always remember her liking all our shoes and clothes! She would always say, "I wish I could wear things like that at my old age!" She had quite the sense of humor and we would end up laughing for hours with her. We would then end up either going to lunch at the local drive ins or restaurants in town or we would drive into Provo for shopping and some lunch. Grandma loved shopping and chatting.

Even though the visits have gone away and my wonderful grandmother has passed on, she still visits me all the time as my guardian angel! Thinking of her makes me get through my trials and teaches me to love my life. I love you Grandma and I miss you so much!

2 comments:

Chloe and Tyler said...

When I first glanced at this entry I thought I saw the name Chloe istead of Cleo. I thought, oh she really does love me. It's okay, I know you'll put me when you get to the letter C...wait you've already did that letter, shoot!

shannon said...

Ahhh. I never had a realtionship like that with a grandmother but I'm sure I will someday. What a lucky girl you are. Really. Your abc's are so cute.
Good luck in your new year of school. I'm sure it will be amazing, just like last year.