Thursday, December 3, 2009

Where has the time gone?



Wow now that it has been almost a month since my last post, I thought I should atleast let everyone know we are alive and doing well! We have been crazy busy and it isn't going to get better... in fact the craziness is going to get worse for the next little while. So what have the Ellsworth's been up to? Well we had my family in town over Thanksgiving to surprise my Dad for his 60th birthday. We had a huge party for him, we had family pictures taken, and we ate two Thanksgiving dinners. Don't worry we manage to get some pre-christmas shopping done too! Now that Thanksgiving has passed we are now moving right along with the Christmas season. This year Christmas is a little different for Jon and I. This is the first Christmas that I didn't pull out my 15 boxes of Christmas decorations. There is no wonderful gingerbread tree to stare at. There is no amazing Christmas snow village to awe at, and there are no wonderful garlands hanging anywhere! Instead they all sit in the boxes stacked high in the garage awaiting the day in just a few weeks where we move yet again! It is really hard for me to not set up Christmas and even harder to know I have to say goodbye to my husband for 6 months. It is starting to hit home and I'm really scared and emotional if anyone brings it up. So this Christmas is going to be really hard but I have to keep my spirits up and enjoy the time with Jon and our friends and family nearby because next year we won't have an Arizona Christmas.

To keep everyone updated we are moving out of our house December 31st and the house will go up for rent through a rental company. We will load the moving truck and Jon and his Dad will head to Denver around January 6th. I can't believe this is all happening so fast! But, I am excited to move there and to be near my other sister and start a new adventure somewhere new. We are pretty good at that. What do you think?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, so much going on in such a short time. Tyler and I have asked for a transfer to Chandler, AZ...and of course you're leaving now:( Who knows if it will happen but I'm excited for you guys, you'll love Denver.

The Peterson's said...

Time just seems to move faster and faster! Good Luck with everything!

shannon said...

Wow! I'm so shocked that you are moving. You and Jon are always such rocks when it comes to living quarters. LOL HA HA HA. I've been expecting a move soon and now you have it posted. Congrats to both of you. We will miss you, although I have only seen you once since you moved to Chandler. At lease we have blogger to check up on you.

Sum said...

The new blog look is cute! I also adore the picture of you and your husband. I hope both of you have a Happy Holidays! :) I know for me, I'm not a huge fan of change, but there will be adventures along the way. Hope you two like your new home! :)

Erin Ellsworth said...

Good luck with all that the next months will bring. They sound crazy!

Can I have your address?

thanks

shannon said...

it was so fun to see you the other day. I think I was so surprised to see you at the Heals house that I left my car running for what...? 15minutes. Oh well. At least everything was still in it when I went back. And.... it was nice n toasty when I got back in it. LOL.
Congrats again.